Stage and Internship
Each Master's degree program organizes a meeting with students at least once a year to illustrate the procedures for the dissertation internship.
Students can choose between an internal internship (in the laboratories of the Department of Biosciences) and an external internship (in other departments of the University of Milan or in third-party laboratories or institutions).
Internal internships and external internships carried out in other Departments of the University
Once the internship project has been approved by the program's internship committee, the student must submit the following documents to the Course Administration (via Celoria, 26 - 2nd floor, A tower) during opening hours (Monday to Friday, 10-11.45am):
- before the beginning of the internship, the internship opening form signed by the Tutor and the internal Supervisor - see forms section
- at the end of the third month of the internship, the laboratory training form signed by the Tutor – see forms section
- at the end of the internship, the internship closing form signed by the Tutor and the internal Supervisor - see forms section
External internships carried out at third-party institutions
Students must comply with the provisions of Master's degree program coordinators.
They must in any case:
- submit the external internship approval form available in the forms section before the beginning of the internship;
- deal with the COSP as indicated below;
- submit the closing form available in the forms section to the Course Administration.
Internship guidelines for employers and students are available on the COSP page.
An internship (or traineeship) is a training experience encompassing different options:
- Students can participate in curricular internship/work placement
- Those who have completed their study programme not more than 12 months ago can do extracurricular internships/traineeships.
The Cosp manages setup procedures for internships in public and private companies and institutions aimed at enrolled students, graduands and postgraduates.
How to find a stage opportunity
Students can either select one of the available internship positions on the University noticeboard or find an internship by themselves.
In any case they must follow procedures established by the Study and Career Guidance Centre (COSP).